Tech Inquiry (50%)
Addresses all ISTE NETS*T Outcomes and all UVic TEP Outcomes.
This assignment is very similar to Assignment 1, except in this inquiry project, you will be delimited in scope to a topic related to technology and education. You can use the same blog as for Assignment 1, and simply separate posts for this assignment using “categories” on WordPress. You will use categories on your blog for this assignment. The category “tech inquiry” on your blog will be used for the technology-related inquiry question you will explore.
You must also have your learning planning visible for your instructor. A separate Trello board (US cloud-hosted) will be set up for you for tech inquiry learning plan documentation with input restricted to the instructor and other collaborators/mentors for input regarding your tasks to provide guidance. Alternatives to Trello can be provided based on privacy preferences. Your learning plan will be co-constructed with your instructor. Criteria for completion requires incorporation of all of the required educational and technology competencies in either this assignment or Assignment 1. Please refer to the educational and technology competency lists that will be handed out in class and posted on the course website.
Sample Tech Inquiry Questions for Inspiration:
- What is the role of cell phones in schools? What are the policies and research around this? What is my policy?
- How does technology help me in answering an inquiry question?
- Does Augmented Reality have a place in K-12 education?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of Google apps for education?
- Can Kahoot be an effective formative and summative assessment tool?
- What makes a good classroom website/blog? and plan to create one.
- How can video recording and editing be used effectively in teaching and learning? by both the teacher and the learner?
- What are some technologies that can help students with learning difficulties?
- Are there Ed Tech tools to make individualized learning easier to implement? What different types of individualized learning are there?
- What are the primary internet safety issues for use in the classroom, and how can they be most effectively taught?
- What role, if any, should Minecraft, coding, or 3D printing have in K-12?
- How compelling is current virtual reality technology for going on otherwise “impossible” field trips?